Ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality, accurate and timely information is essential for financial data providers keen to maintain a competitive edge in an increasingly globalised and fast-moving environment.
Velocimetrics’ technology helps financial data providers monitor and control the performance of their low latency infrastructures so they can achieve the reliability levels required to promote client satisfaction and their ultimate retention, by enabling the technology’s adopters to:
Gain uncompromised visibility across complete business processes
- By capturing data at multiple points, using a variety of sources, users can effectively track in real-time how data is flowing as it moves across every system and network throughout the complete end-to-end process. In doing so, providing uncompromised visibility and enabling users to understand what is happening, as it is happening.
- Performing detailed, real-time, business and technical analysis at every stage emerging issues can be immediately detected and investigated.
- If an issue occurs, because Velocimetrics’ technology examines data as the business item it represents not only can engineers quickly access the information they need to resolve the problem at an infrastructure level, but additionally business and client facing staff can access the relevant actionable insights they need to quickly quantify and control the business’s exposure.
Accurately measure both end-to-end and hop-by-hop latency, to detect performance issues before problems develop
- Through real-time latency monitoring users can more effectively control performance as data is received, normalised and then propagated out to clients to ensure transaction flows are optimised. This is achieved by using Velocimetrics’ technology to accurately measure both end-to-end and hop-by-hop latency and raising detection alerts as soon as degradation starts to occur.
- When an issue emerges, engineers can then rapidly drill down and pinpoint the specific application or network link affected, aiding the swift elimination of time delays and single points of failure.
Ensure the timeliness and quality of market data received, processed and propagated out to clients
- Understand if market data is ticking as fast as expected, identify latency variations and make an intelligent assessment regarding the data’s timeliness on an instrument-by-instrument basis. Compare absolute thresholds, content timestamps, historical norms and statistical distributions.
- Comprehend the impact that stale data or periodic congestion may be having on an instrument-by-instrument basis and fine-tune detection thresholds.
- Detect gaps in market data ticks at the feed, market or field level to identify on a live feed, if certain trading venues or individual instruments may be missing.
- Quickly recognise which exchange feed is performing most effectively, providing the acumen to determine if you should switch to consume data from an alternative feed.
- By comparing current price movements to a 5 or 30 day moving average, understand if pricing ticks are moving as expected compared to historical norms and receive alerts of sudden price jumps, indicating that ticks may be missing.
To learn more about how Velocimetrics’ technology is able to assess the quality of market data received, processed and propagated out to clients visit our Velocimetrics’ Market Data Quality solution page
Benefit from independent verification that client service level agreements (SLAs) are being satisfied
- Through comprehensive business flow analysis, users gain independent verification that client expectations and SLAs are being satisfied, by being able to examine the performance being experienced on an individual client basis.
Access comprehensive and highly granular business-level analytics
- Customise the data selected for analysis, and slice and dice it to provide powerful analytics of value to your business.
- Understand performance in terms of its business impact, not just network statistics. This versatile approach enables the performance, for example, of individual exchange feeds, clients or instruments to be examined.
Cut the cost of achieving continuous, real-time monitoring on a multi-venue / multi-geographical basis
- By collecting data at each location using cost-effective capture agents, and then centrally analysing the data in real-time, there is no need to deploy expensive hardware at each monitored location, presenting significant financial savings.
- This scalable approach supports firms seeking to expand their coverage in an increasingly fragmented, global marketplace.
Conduct effective capacity planning to ensure market data spikes don’t negatively impact client experience
- Understand if your firm’s performance is being impacted by periodical, unusual or even extremely brief peaks in activity.
- Generate reports on historical patterns to view the average throughput across your infrastructure, identifying periods of overload or conversely underutilisation.
- Quickly identify areas of strain, such as delays caused by capacity limitations on a particular network link, and use this insight to make adjustments and strategically focus future investment to effectively manage capacity limitations longer-term.
Gain real-time reporting individually configured to meet different user needs
- Achieve intra-day, real-time reports configured to meet the needs of your various business areas and generate statistics to demonstrate, for example, how the performance of a particular link is being impacted.