Increasing post-trade efficiencies
As cost cutting continues the level of tolerance for post-trade processing inefficiencies is in rapid decline and automation on the rise. These factors, combined with increased regulatory focus and the push for T+2 in various markets are generating a wealth of issues for industry participants keen to reduce the cost and risk of late settlement in a faster moving environment.
Velocimetrics understands that post-trade environments are often highly complex and that issue resolution can be very manual and time-consuming. Velocimetrics can help firms effectively manage the challenges presented by their environments by enabling users to:
Understand the technical and business impact of issues occurring at any stage across complete post-trade processes
- The range of monitoring techniques Velocimetrics’ technology offers extends beyond the more traditional network or in-application instrumentation approaches often available, to include additional methods that prove highly effective within the post-trade environment. These include, for example, monitoring batch files as they arrive at landing sites, such as via FTP, including monitoring items within the batch.
- By tailoring the monitoring methods used, and the points at which data is captured, to uniquely fit your firm’s exact requirements, Velocimetrics’ technology is able to deliver complete visibility across complex post-trade environments. So regardless of where an issue takes place, Velocimetrics’ technology is able to immediately pinpoint its exact location.
- By examining captured data as the business item it represents, such as a trade, Velocimetrics’ technology not only provides technical teams with the actionable insight they require to resolve the issue, but additionally enables users to understand the issue’s business impact. In doing so identifying, for instance, exactly which trades have been affected and the clients these trades belong to.
Increase operational efficiency: Quickly detect the exact location of any given trade
- Tracing each and every trade in real-time, even in situations where a trade may have taken multiple different routes, your users can instantly comprehend their current position on a trade-by-trade basis.
- Users are able to understand which trades are currently moving through the post-trade environment, the progress each trade has made and which trades have completed all required processes.
- Tracing is even possible where no common ID survives throughout the process. In these situations, Velocimetrics’ technology can assign a synthetic tracking ID to each trade when it is first captured and users can search using this ID to gain a consolidated view of the trade’s path.
- The ability to immediately identify the exact location and current performance of any given trade traversing the environment negates the need to trawl through log files or manually query databases to locate missing trades, presenting significant efficiency savings.
Reduce operational risk: Detect system degradation before stability and settlement deadlines are impacted
- By accurately measuring hop-by-hop latency, from the moment the trade enters the post-trade process and through the multiple processes involved before successful settlement is achieved, users gain a detailed understanding of their performance in real-time. Providing users with the confidence that they will be alerted as soon as degradation starts to occur across any monitored system or network.
- When an issue emerges, users can rapidly pinpoint the source of any delay. This enables preventative action to be immediately instigated and the issue to be often very swiftly eliminated.
Control costs: Receive real-time alerts of trades at risk of settlement failure
- Monitoring at the business-level, users can customise alerts to raise notifications for a wide range of developing situations. For example, users can be alerted to trades approaching their intended settlement date or time, that have not completed key settlement processes.
- Alerts can also be raised if a trade has gone missing and using tracing capabilities its location can be instantly detected, without the need for detailed investigations on a system-by-system basis.
Access comprehensive and highly granular business-level analytics, for smart decision making
- Customise the data selected for analysis, and slice and dice it to provide powerful analytics of value to your business area.
- Understand performance in terms of its business impact, and harness this insight to make more effective decisions than would be possible with network statistics alone. This versatile approach enables for example, the trades allocated to particular clients to be examined by instrument, settlement date or notional value.
Use historical data to effectively manage future capacity requirements
- Generate reports to examine historical averages across all elements of your infrastructure to identify periods where certain systems or networks may be overloaded or, conversely underutilised.
- Use this insight to make adjustments and focus future investment more strategically to effectively manage capacity limitations longer-term.
Test the performance of new technologies being implemented in post-trade environments
- To ensure that new technologies meet, or indeed exceed, their predecessors, within both pre-production and production environments, users can compare the performance of new technology to pre-recorded historical statistics.
Read our new white paper
Beyond monitoring: Where does your solution lie on the business value spectrum?
Find out More